Thursday, February 3, 2011

Using Up Some Scraps



I'm really trying to use up some of my old scrap fabric (this is an open invitation for requests!). Unlike many quilters I see online, I try to avoid stock pilin fabric. We just don't have the room. However, even if I'm being careful to only buy fabric I need, there's always some left over. It's not the worst problem in the world. I like looking at the pretty colors and remembering what I used them for, but if I'm not careful, it will get out of hand. Plus, I always want to get some new stuff.

So, lately I've been trying to come up with small projects that would use up the leftovers. I'll try to post more pictures, because I'm pretty pleased with my solutions. For Christmas, I made potholders for several of the women in Tom's family. I'm framing some fabric to hang in our living room and add some color. And I don't think I could ever have too many small zippered pouches.

This pouch is from a pattern I stumbled on, here. These red fabrics were used in the pillows I made for our couch. The pattern was very easy to follow and I'm pleased with how it turned out. For now, I'm using this pouch in my purse to hold lady necessities, which beats the hell out of the old secret stash holder that I think I may have bought at the Gettysburg Wal-Mart. I didn't follow the pattern completely, because I didn't need a divider or credit card slots for this project, but I have plans to make a cute clutch soon. Yay for making pretty things that are actually useful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.