| found via weheartit.com |
Last week, everyone in my office ordered new business cards. We moved offices in October, so we've been in need of updated cards for quite a while.
It should have been a simple task. For all of my colleagues, it really was a quick matter of slapping on a new address and being done with it. For me, this was a deadline that's been a long time coming. I spent so much time before and after our wedding trying to decide what I wanted to do about keeping or changing my name that I eventually threw my hands up and said I'd deal with it later.
Well, ordering 500 cards with your contact information on them was as good a deadline as any I could think of. So, thank you, boss, for making me finally bite the bullet and decide what to do. If you're interested, I've decided to keep my name. Well, at least professionally....
Turns out, last week's order inspired even more decision-making than I knew. Just as I was about to submit my approval on the print shop's draft, my boss came in and told me I should make one more change -- my title. I've been promoted to Executive Director. Isn't it funny how such a simple task can inspire such changes?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.